Of course it is not only sexy when you look at the covers, but also when you unfold it. A few items to notice:
- The plugin development is much easier than in the past
- Groups are much more powerful - including new DynaGroups
- The internal data model is much cleaner and easier to extend and understand
- The application is written in EJB 3.0 with heavy usage of JPA 1 for the persistence (there is some pure hibernate and even JDBC code in it, but >90% is JPA).
- Due to the latter (and other reasons) it is much faster.
And last but not least: most of it is (already) open source in the form of RHQ.
When you want to know for your self how JBossON 2 looks like, just check out RHQ.
And of course we are not only looking for marketing people, but also always for developers with clue :-)