It has been a while since the last tab sweep, so quite some material has accumulated:
Alexander Kiefer has finsihed his master thesis work on the Nagios Plugin and the dynamic types detection. The later work needs to picked up and worked on further. A big part of the resource type (and metric scheduling and .... code depends on the static nature of the metadata in the plugin descriptors. The code is currently in the nagios branch in git.
Anyway: congrats Alex and many thanks for your work and also thanks to your employer, AG der Dillinger Hütten,for sponsoring this work.
Steve Millidge contributed a large overhaul of the MySQL plugin to RHQ - thanks Steve!
- Overview over RHQ at 1 day talk (German) [slides, photo gallery ]
- Overview over RHQ at JUDCon (this talk was not planned, slides as in 1 day talk above. A part of the talk is available as video on vimeo
- Writing plugins for RHQ and the admin console. Slides are linked at the JUDCon page as well as a video recording from the talk.
Joseph Marques has written a short article on the new search functionality and a longer analysis on GWT compile performance - this is quite interesting and for sure also helpful for other projects that want to use GWT.
John Sanda has written a whole series of articles on usage of the RHQ cli:
- Asynchronous workflows: This article describes a common pattern used in RHQ and then considers what impact that this can have on the CLI.
- Updating metric collection schedules from the CLI
- Building an RHQ client (like a CLI)
- Utility functions for the CLI
- Auto import of resources via CLI script
Jay Shaughnessy has also written an article about the RHQ CLI. He is talking about using the provisioning feature from the CLI.
Lukáš Krejčí has also written a series of articles:
- Upgrading resources in RHQ talks about programmatically changing resource information on plugin upgrades
- Exporting database data using a JPA model and its 2nd part:
- Database setup for TestGN tests with the export from the previous post.
As always, please give us (and / or the article writers feedback).