I want to show here how to do that anyway (I did this against apache 2.0.63 from Macports):
- First, if not yet done install Macports
- Then, install libtool from within macports
sudo port instal libtool
- Chdir to
- Edit the build script (
build_apache_snmp.sh) to replace two occurances of
- edit snmp_common/ucd-snmp/agent/auto_nlist.c
to include <sys/types.h> : (around line 30)
- Run the build as indicated on the build page
- When adding the snmp module config to httpd.conf, specify /var/db for SNMPVar:
You can now (re)start apache and take it into inventory.
To do this, please specify the root path of the server and the relative path to the htttpd binary, as apache2 from macports is called 'httpd' and not 'apache2', so it won't be correctly detected otherwise.