Jopr version 2.3 has been released. You can find the binaries http://sourceforge.net/projects/rhq/ on SourceForge.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: 2.3.1 is out with a fix for dbupgrade
Notable changes are:
- Support for JBoss EAP 5
- A new command line interface: you can now talk to Jopr from a Linux or Windows command line. This interface uses the Java 6 script support, so that you can create scripts for re-use.
- Group alerts: it is now possible to fire an alert when any resource in a group runs into an error condition by defining alert templates on the group
- Experimental support for embedded H2 database and MS SQL Server (same as in 2.2.1)
- Plugins can now depend one of several others: if you have e.g. a plugin that uses JMX it is now possible to either depend on JBossAS when the resource types are used within the JBossAS or depend directly (and only) on JMX plugin to discover standalone JVM versions of those resources.
- Support for taking snapshots of resource configurations: it is now possible to gather e.g. all config files from one of your JBossAS servers and have that zipped up and put in a place on the Jopr server
- Dynagroups have been extended to support searching more levels of ancestry
- Postgres 8.4 is now officially supported
- Autodiscovery of JBossAS jnp credentials: Jopr is now looking at the config files to obtain the security credentials for secured JBossAS instances, so that you do not need to type them in by hand in the inventory
And many many more improvements. You can see lists of closed Jiras for
RHQ and Jopr projects.
Matching SVN tags are http://svn.rhq-project.org/repos/rhq/tags/RHQ_1_3_0/ and Jopr_2_3_0.
As so often :) join us on irc.freenode.net #jopr or in the forums or or or :)